February 18, 2012

Dare me

Coat - I.N.C.; Skirt, Blouse - F21; Sweater - J.Crew
Belt, Clutch - Vintage; Tights - DKNY; Shoes - UO

Working in Washington, DC, I always wondered about wearing a leather (or in this case, faux leather) skirt to work. People tend to stick to black and grey wool blend suits in the city, and leather seems to COMPLETELY deviate from this ideal. BUT I LOVE THE LOOK OF LEATHER. So, dare me to push the professional attire envelope, and I'll make a compromise :) I wore a longer length, leatherette skirt with a more conservative top. I played around with my cardigan and settled on buttoning the top two buttons (I used to think this look wasn't for me, but in this case I adore how it frames the collar on my blouse). I paired this look with one of my favorite vintage belts, and my mint green, suede booties :)

I dare you to wear something out of the ordinary, let me know what you come up with :)
xoxoxo,
Ashley


5 comments:

  1. wow i LOVE your coat! Very chic :)

    could you check out my blog? maybe we could follow each other? am new to blogging!

    http://07wonders.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great
    That coat is amazing

    http://iartfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you totally pulled this look off. Love this outfit! New follower here :)

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!